Sunday, January 18, 2009

Martha Stewart Contest

I entered a Martha Stewart contest. I'm not the type to do this but I thought I would give it try. The winner will get a sewing machine. My Singer is 20 years and reliable, but I thought it was time to upgrade. I submitted a photo of my daughter Zoe's christening outfit. It was challenging but it turned out lovely. Zoe was so precious on her big day. The outfit was the first piece of clothing that I made. The ensemble consists of an under dress/slip, the christening dress and a bonnet. I was able to incorporate a few french seams in the garments. The dress was hand-beaded with tiny pearls on the collar. The bonnet is lined and embellished with little pearls. It was a difficult project for a novice but I am happy with the results.

No comments: