Sunday, June 28, 2009

Trying to work on a Family Tree

I'm kicking myself for not talking to my grandparents about our ancestors when I had the chance. I thought my parents would know a good deal about great-grandparents, etc. It has not been the case. I'm frustrated that no one in my family had thought about doing this until now. Hopefully, I'll have some luck with aunts and uncles. I've been using http://www.familysearch.org. It lead me to Ellis Island. I think that I found my great-grandfather. It's surprising how family names or the hometown's name were misspelled. My family name was spelled phonetically and I've found several versions of it. I've been tracking down distant cousins on facebook but trying to find the ancestors that connect us isn't easy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No comments: